Experience the exquisite beauty of Wineglass Bay on The Wineglass Bay Cruise. Beautiful and remote, this is a place that only few will ever visit. A shimmering crescent of white sand fringes the edge of a perfect turquoise sea. Discover Wineglass Bay as few people can.
You’ll feast on a bento box full of fresh local produce such as smoked salmon, cheese and chocolates, prepared by Freycinet Lodge. Get up close to the scenery and wildlife of Wineglass Bay in our Vista Lounge, with comfortable indoor quarters and a spacious outdoor deck. Our upper deck offers privacy, comfort and personal service along with stunning views from the top deck of the Schouten Passage II.
Your skipper and guide will be in daily contact with local fisherman to ensure you get the best wildlife experience possible. You’ll experience stunning scenery, abundant wildlife and a rare, intimate perspective of one of Tasmania’s most extraordinary places.
You haven’t seen Freycinet until you’ve seen it with Wineglass Bay Cruises.
COSTS effective September 2016
Vista lounge: Adult from $140
Child (4-14) from $90
Sky lounge: October – May 2017 $210 per adult.
NB Sky lounge is for adults only and includes morning tea, local wine, beer, cider and freshly shucked oysters with lunch
Call Innkeepers Tasmania on 1300 130 269 for bookings
The Wineglass Bay Cruise operates daily from September to May. Closed Christmas Day.
All tours depart from the Wineglass Bay Cruises Office located on the Jetty, Jetty Road, Coles Bay.
The cruise duration is four hours and runs from 10am – 2pm daily
Please note: the safety and enjoyment of our guests is paramount and we reserve the right to alter or cancel tours
STEP ABOARD SCHOUTEN PASSAGE II
The Schouten Passage II is a 150-seat eco-adventure catamaran that will take you on an unforgettable four-hour cruise from the gentle shores of Coles Bay to one of the world’s most beautiful beaches. It offers licensed bars and restrooms on both decks, three large outdoor areas, full air-conditioning and disabled amenities. No matter the conditions, you’ll experience the beauty of Freycinet in comfort.
• Abundant seabirds including Australasian gannets, cormorants, gulls, crested and caspian terns, short-tailed shearwaters and albatross, including the shy, yellow-nosed and wandering albatross.
• White-bellied and wedge-tailed eagles.
• Little penguins.
• Bottlenose and common dolphins.
• Australian fur seal.
• Migrating humpback and southern right whales (Sept – Dec).
• Wildlife sightings are collected and data recorded for
Tasmanian marine conservation.
• A rare opportunity to experience Wineglass Bay from the water.
• A unique perspective of the Freycinet Peninsula’s incredible sheer granite cliffs, sea caves and hidden coves.
• Tasmanian lunch served at anchor in Wineglass Bay.
• Close encounters with wildlife.
• Highly skilled local skipper with vast knowledge of the natural history, geology, eco-systems and the heritage of the Freycinet Peninsula.
• Enjoy a premium experience in the captain’s upper deck.
WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING
The weather in Tasmania can change quickly, so be sure to pack warm clothing, even on a fine day. Comfortable, flat-soled shoes are recommended on board.
Be sure to bring your camera!
Online bookings are made through our Booking Button which displays the same rates and availability as featured on each property's own website. Your booking is transacted directly with the property and NO booking fees apply.Questions?